The funky, always graffiti-covered Houston building known as Avis Frank Gallery is no more. In a recent email, David Hardaker, the space’s former director, says “I took the summer to think about my gallery options and decided that my best opportunity to serve both the local art community and Houston collectors was to take the position of director at Esperson Gallery.”
And just like that, it is gone. RIP Avis Frank Gallery.
also by Brandon Zech
- Louise Hopkins Underwood, 1919-2017 - March 8th, 2017
- The Art World Goes a Day Without Women - March 8th, 2017
- Not Just Naked People: Experimental Action Performance Art Festival in Houston - February 27th, 2017
- Round-Up: Three Shows in San Antonio and Austin - February 3rd, 2017
- Some Inauguration Day Wisdom from Pussy Riot, from their recent Texas Visit - January 19th, 2017