The funky, always graffiti-covered Houston building known as Avis Frank Gallery is no more. In a recent email, David Hardaker, the space’s former director, says “I took the summer to think about my gallery options and decided that my best opportunity to serve both the local art community and Houston collectors was to take the position of director at Esperson Gallery.”
And just like that, it is gone. RIP Avis Frank Gallery.
also by Brandon Zech
- Sandy Carson: We Were There - October 18th, 2017
- Julie Green at Texas State University - September 29th, 2017
- Sean Starwars: Woodcut Funhouse - August 9th, 2017
- 'Daydreams and Other Monsters' at UTSA - August 4th, 2017
- Why this Year's Galveston Artist Residency Exhibition is Different - July 19th, 2017