The funky, always graffiti-covered Houston building known as Avis Frank Gallery is no more. In a recent email, David Hardaker, the space’s former director, says “I took the summer to think about my gallery options and decided that my best opportunity to serve both the local art community and Houston collectors was to take the position of director at Esperson Gallery.”
And just like that, it is gone. RIP Avis Frank Gallery.
also by Brandon Zech
- Some Inauguration Day Wisdom from Pussy Riot, from their recent Texas Visit - January 19th, 2017
- Andrew Martin at Redbud Gallery, Houston - January 13th, 2017
- Capitalist Consumption: the Institute for New Feeling at Ballroom Marfa - December 30th, 2016
- Sophomore Slump: Day for Night in Houston - December 21st, 2016
- Miami Basel vs. Disney World: The Happiest Place on Earth? - December 10th, 2016