The funky, always graffiti-covered Houston building known as Avis Frank Gallery is no more. In a recent email, David Hardaker, the space’s former director, says “I took the summer to think about my gallery options and decided that my best opportunity to serve both the local art community and Houston collectors was to take the position of director at Esperson Gallery.”
And just like that, it is gone. RIP Avis Frank Gallery.
also by Brandon Zech
- Why this Year's Galveston Artist Residency Exhibition is Different - July 19th, 2017
- Andres Serrano at the Station Museum of Contemporary Art, Houston - June 23rd, 2017
- Michael Menchaca at BLUEorange - June 14th, 2017
- Garth Weiser at The Contemporary Austin - June 1st, 2017
- The Art of the Livestream - April 21st, 2017