Who says an art degree doesn’t pay? (Most of us say that, actually, but read on.)
The Mercedes-Benz Financial Services corporate office in Fort Worth has a tradition (since 2008) of giving big cash awards and a year-long exhibition to MFAs and BFAs (and recent alumni) who attend SMU and TCU. The hand-in-hand programs are called ‘Experiencing Perspectives Art Exhibition’ and the ‘Mercedes-Benz Financial Services Texas Art Awards,’ and very recently M-B announced this year’s cash awards (there are six) and chose work for the exhibition, which includes a catalog. (Representatives from M-B visit both campuses and conduct studio visits in the process of shaping the awards and show.)
This year M-B will have 135 artworks installed in its business center, and it’s a pretty pro arrangement: the company offers framing and professional photography of the work; it hires professional art handlers to help pack, transport and install it all. Plus: there’s a public reception and the art is for sale; proceeds go to the artists.
Via Mercedes-Benz: “On November 5, 2015, Mercedes-Benz… will host the opening reception for its annual Experiencing Perspectives Art Exhibition at its Fort Worth Business Center located at 13650 Heritage Parkway, Fort Worth, Texas 76177. This event is open to the community. Artwork is available for sale through the artists and can be claimed by new owners when the exhibition is over.”
For more info and some nice images, go here.
also by Glasstire
- Today, January 21: a Concert in Houston & Butt Prints in San Antonio - January 21st, 2017
- Trump Plans to (quickly) Kill the National Endowment for the Arts (and of course most other cultural programs) - January 19th, 2017
- Top Five: January 19, 2017 - January 19th, 2017
- A Whopper of an Artwork for Your Inauguration Day - January 18th, 2017
- FotoFest Announces 2018 Biennial Theme & More - January 16th, 2017