The Houston Zoo has commissioned four prominent Houston Street artists to paint gorilla-themed murals on inner loop building to promote its new 2-acre gorilla environment, set to open on Memorial Day.
The murals are going up now, and will last six months.
Mr. D is painting one at 2119 Washington Ave; Anat Ronen at Richards Antiques, 3701 Main St (shown beginning at left); Michael Rodriguez, at Buffalo Exchange 2439 Bissonnet; and GONZO247, of aerosol warfare’s mural will be at the Downtown Food Park 1311 Leeland.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015