Helen Ann Rasplicka, a founding member of the San Antonio Calligrapher’s Guild died on July 23, 2014. Rasplicka moved to San antonio in 1975. She learned calligraphy from Kitty Maguire, and formed the guild with Jennie McHugh, helping to write the by-laws and serving as president from 1977-79. She taught calligraphy at the Southwest Craft Center (now the Southwest School of Art) for 13 years. She used to have a motorcycle. A celebration of her life will take place at 11 a.m. Nov. 28 at Los Patios, 2015 N.E. Loop 410, San Antonio.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015