The folks at Houston’s Fresh Arts present all sorts of helpful workshops for artists, but on Wednesday evening, they are just getting down to the basics of the creative life: financial survival.
On January 29, 6:30-8 pm, they will present “Budgeting for Unpredictable Incomes: The art of living well between contracts” led by Tara Faircloth, freelance stage director. This is not a workshop for artists who have managed well-enough to have questions about complex tax issues, but will present tips for the daily management of those who live the “freelance lifestyle.” Registration information can be found here.
also by Paula Newton
- Texas Medal of Arts Announces 2017 Honorees - January 17th, 2017
- Dessert Before Dinner: Houston Couple Pledges Entire Show to MFAH - January 16th, 2017
- Mixed Responses to Call for Artist Trump Protests - January 13th, 2017
- Party! Come Congratulate the Idea Fund Grantees - January 12th, 2017
- Phillip Johnson and "Kitty Porn" - January 10th, 2017