The folks at Houston’s Fresh Arts present all sorts of helpful workshops for artists, but on Wednesday evening, they are just getting down to the basics of the creative life: financial survival.
On January 29, 6:30-8 pm, they will present “Budgeting for Unpredictable Incomes: The art of living well between contracts” led by Tara Faircloth, freelance stage director. This is not a workshop for artists who have managed well-enough to have questions about complex tax issues, but will present tips for the daily management of those who live the “freelance lifestyle.” Registration information can be found here.
also by Paula Newton
- Coming Soon! Studio Pods for Houston Artists - November 25th, 2015
- Who Got the 2015 Houston Artadia Awards? - November 24th, 2015
- JFK: The Fascination Continues with Opera, Performance Art, James Franco, and Money - November 23rd, 2015
- A Day to Give Thanks for Weirdo Artists - November 20th, 2015
- Moving Sale! Start Your Own Art Space - November 19th, 2015