The folks at Houston’s Fresh Arts present all sorts of helpful workshops for artists, but on Wednesday evening, they are just getting down to the basics of the creative life: financial survival.
On January 29, 6:30-8 pm, they will present “Budgeting for Unpredictable Incomes: The art of living well between contracts” led by Tara Faircloth, freelance stage director. This is not a workshop for artists who have managed well-enough to have questions about complex tax issues, but will present tips for the daily management of those who live the “freelance lifestyle.” Registration information can be found here.
also by Paula Newton
- Dallas Artist is Now a TV Star - May 26th, 2017
- N.O.’s Prospect 4 Announces Artists, Including Texans - May 25th, 2017
- Trump’s Proposed Budget to Kill National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities - May 24th, 2017
- Austin Art: People Have the Power - May 23rd, 2017
- Performance Artist Solange Does the Guggenheim - May 22nd, 2017