On Saturday, from 2-5 pm, the Bee Cave Sculpture Park, outside of Austin, will celebrate its grand opening and dedication, featuring eleven original sculptures now installed in the five-acre park. There will be a mayoral ribbon-cutting, kids’ activities, food, live music and, of course, excited exhibiting artists hanging around.
Apparently, this is only phase one of the park—meant to eventually include performance and event areas, expansion of the trail system, an outdoor amphitheater, rock and landscaping enhancements and a dock to extend over the reflecting pond—but an art party is always a good place to start.
also by Paula Newton
- Houston Nonprofits Join the Coalition Against Hate - August 22nd, 2017
- The Solar Eclipse in Art - August 21st, 2017
- Houston Joins the Anti-Confederate Monument Movement - August 18th, 2017
- Artists: It’s Time to Run for Office! - August 17th, 2017
- Film Nerds: a Happy Hour Just for You! - August 16th, 2017