On Saturday, from 2-5 pm, the Bee Cave Sculpture Park, outside of Austin, will celebrate its grand opening and dedication, featuring eleven original sculptures now installed in the five-acre park. There will be a mayoral ribbon-cutting, kids’ activities, food, live music and, of course, excited exhibiting artists hanging around.
Apparently, this is only phase one of the park—meant to eventually include performance and event areas, expansion of the trail system, an outdoor amphitheater, rock and landscaping enhancements and a dock to extend over the reflecting pond—but an art party is always a good place to start.
also by Paula Newton
- Dude! Art Class is Super Stressful! - October 25th, 2016
- A Texas Guide to Día De Los Muertos - October 24th, 2016
- Last Weekend to See Big Texas Butter Sculpture - October 21st, 2016
- Houston Architects Name Artist of the Year - October 20th, 2016
- Another Houston Artist Hits the Small Screen - October 19th, 2016