On Saturday, from 2-5 pm, the Bee Cave Sculpture Park, outside of Austin, will celebrate its grand opening and dedication, featuring eleven original sculptures now installed in the five-acre park. There will be a mayoral ribbon-cutting, kids’ activities, food, live music and, of course, excited exhibiting artists hanging around.
Apparently, this is only phase one of the park—meant to eventually include performance and event areas, expansion of the trail system, an outdoor amphitheater, rock and landscaping enhancements and a dock to extend over the reflecting pond—but an art party is always a good place to start.
also by Paula Newton
- Lucas Museum and Don Bacigalupi Ditch Chicago and Look to California - June 29th, 2016
- Fluxus Co-Founder Ben Patterson Dies at 82 - June 28th, 2016
- Spend Your Holiday Weekend in Rockport! - June 27th, 2016
- Maxwell Anderson Takes a Second Job - June 24th, 2016
- 7 TX Public Art Works Nationally Honored - June 23rd, 2016