On Saturday, from 2-5 pm, the Bee Cave Sculpture Park, outside of Austin, will celebrate its grand opening and dedication, featuring eleven original sculptures now installed in the five-acre park. There will be a mayoral ribbon-cutting, kids’ activities, food, live music and, of course, excited exhibiting artists hanging around.
Apparently, this is only phase one of the park—meant to eventually include performance and event areas, expansion of the trail system, an outdoor amphitheater, rock and landscaping enhancements and a dock to extend over the reflecting pond—but an art party is always a good place to start.
also by Paula Newton
- SXSE: Beaumont Is a Boomtown of Film & Music - February 17th, 2017
- How to Get A Studio and Stipend from Lawndale - February 16th, 2017
- Art Historian Picked for a Top National Security Advisor - February 15th, 2017
- Austin Has OUTsiders and No Idea! - February 14th, 2017
- Nerd Alert: Art Plus Science is the New Big Thing! - February 13th, 2017