Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Top Five July 30, 2015 - July 30th, 2015
- Donald Lipski Will Have Houston Peering UNDER Buffalo Bayou - July 29th, 2015
- Artist Takes You Inside Moby-Dick on Buffalo Bayou - July 28th, 2015
- Women & Their Work Looking for Artists for Upcoming Solo Shows - July 27th, 2015
- Top Five July 23, 2015 - July 23rd, 2015