Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Yesterday was Museum Selfie Day, But It's Never Too Late . . . - January 22nd, 2015
- Top Five, Jan. 22, 2015 - January 22nd, 2015
- Top Five: Jan. 15, 2014 - January 15th, 2015
- Video: 2014 Texas Art Trends (NSFW!) - January 1st, 2015
- Top Five Dec 18, 2014: The Shopping List - December 18th, 2014