Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: Feb. 19, 2015 - February 19th, 2015
- Top Five, Feb. 12, 2015 - February 12th, 2015
- Top Five: Feb. 5, 2015 - February 5th, 2015
- Top Five Jan 29, 2015 - January 29th, 2015
- Yesterday was Museum Selfie Day, But It's Never Too Late . . . - January 22nd, 2015