Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- University of Houston Commissions Mural for New Stadium - November 28th, 2015
- Thanksgiving Top Five: November 26, 2015 - November 26th, 2015
- Announcing New Issue of Semigloss and Its Release Party - November 24th, 2015
- Party Pics: November 21 at BOX 13 ArtSpace, Houston - November 24th, 2015
- Ellsworth Kelly Sculpture Installed in Dallas Cowboy's AT&T Stadium - November 23rd, 2015