Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: October 24, 2013 - October 25th, 2013
- Top Five: October 17, 2013 - October 11th, 2013
- Top Five Oct. 10, 2013 - October 2nd, 2013
- Top Five October 3, 2013 - September 28th, 2013
- Top Five: Sept. 26, 2013 - September 20th, 2013