Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Dennis Nance is the New Galveston Arts Center Curator! - August 29th, 2016
- Hello Studio in San Antonio is Looking for Residents - August 28th, 2016
- Highlights from NorthPark Center in Dallas - August 27th, 2016
- McNay Art Museum Receives $1 Million Gift - August 27th, 2016
- Chinese Man Tries to Destroy the Internet - August 27th, 2016