Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- The Complete Dave Hickey, parts 1-4 - February 2nd, 2014
- Top Five: January 30, 2014 - February 2nd, 2014
- Top Five: January 23, 2014 - January 23rd, 2014
- Video: Dave Hickey, part 4: Accommodating Identities - January 17th, 2014
- Video: Dave Hickey, part 3: Administrated Art History - January 15th, 2014