Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- OFG.XXX Will Close Forever on Sept. 26 - September 1st, 2015
- Graffiti & Street Art Museum Established in Houston - August 31st, 2015
- Upcoming Musical Performance at McGee's Hill in West Texas - August 30th, 2015
- Call for Proposals: Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade - August 29th, 2015
- Raw Paw's Zine Release Party is Tomorrow in Austin - August 28th, 2015