Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Top Five Dec 18, 2014: The Shopping List - December 18th, 2014
- Top Five, Dec. 11, 2014 - December 11th, 2014
- Top Five, Dec. 4, 2014 - December 4th, 2014
- HAA Dogpile! Artists of Transported + Renewed Weigh In - December 1st, 2014
- Top Five: Nov. 27, 2014 - November 27th, 2014