Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Top Five Oct 16, 2014 - October 16th, 2014
- Top Five: Oct. 9, 2014 - October 9th, 2014
- Top Five: Oct. 2, 2014 - October 2nd, 2014
- Top Five: Sept. 25, 2014 - September 25th, 2014
- Top Five for Sept. 18, 2014 - September 18th, 2014