Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Top Five for Sept. 18, 2014 - September 18th, 2014
- Top Five: September 11, 2014 - September 11th, 2014
- Find out what's opening this week in your city! - September 9th, 2014
- VIDEO: Texas Contemporary Art Fair OPENING NIGHT - September 5th, 2014
- Top Five: Sept. 4, 2014 - September 4th, 2014