Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Artists make real money at this annual Houston market - July 2nd, 2015
- Top Five July 2, 2015 with special guest star Michael Bise! - July 2nd, 2015
- CADD announces this year's scholarship winner - June 30th, 2015
- Yes! So who's gettin' hitched? - June 26th, 2015
- Top Five: June 25, 2015 with Special Guest Star Heyd Fontenot! - June 25th, 2015