Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: March 19, 2015 - March 19th, 2015
- Video: How To Get Rid of the Art You Don’t Want Anymore - March 18th, 2015
- Video: The Glasstire Talks: Hugh Forrest of SXSW Interactive - March 12th, 2015
- Top Five, March 12, 2015 - March 12th, 2015
- Top Five, March 5, 2015 - March 5th, 2015