Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: April 23, 2015 - April 23rd, 2015
- Top Five: April 16, 2015 - April 16th, 2015
- Top Five: April 9, 2015 - April 9th, 2015
- Top Five: April 2, 2015 - April 2nd, 2015
- Top Five: March 19, 2015 - March 19th, 2015