Houston artist Emily Sloan tells videographer John Carrithers about the uncertainties and rewards of her participatory performances.
“It’s a good practice in not having expectations. Often I don’t know how something’s going to be or turn out, because there is that human element . . . It’s like setting up a framework, with me not necessarily controlling how it’s worked within.”
also by Glasstire
- Top Five: August 21, 2014 - August 21st, 2014
- Top 5: August 6, 2014 - August 6th, 2014
- Top 5 Events in TX: Week of July 23, 2014 - July 23rd, 2014
- Top 5 Art Events in Texas, June 5, 2014 - June 5th, 2014
- The Complete Dave Hickey, parts 1-4 - February 2nd, 2014