Two new works by artist Sol LeWitt have been installed at the Bill & Melinda Gates Computer Science Complex and Dell Computer Science Hall at UT.
Circle with Towers, at the Speedway entrance to the complex, provides drive-by experience with world-class art. Inside the building Wall Drawing #520 depicts brightly-colored floating cubes on three walls leading to the auditorium of the complex.
On Thursday, March 21, from 12-2 p.m.,The Peached Tortilla food truck to provide their award-winning chow as docents offer guided tours of the LeWitt pieces. At 5 p.m., Veronica Roberts will lecture about Lewitt and his work in the ground floor auditorium of the complex.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015