Two new works by artist Sol LeWitt have been installed at the Bill & Melinda Gates Computer Science Complex and Dell Computer Science Hall at UT.
Circle with Towers, at the Speedway entrance to the complex, provides drive-by experience with world-class art. Inside the building Wall Drawing #520 depicts brightly-colored floating cubes on three walls leading to the auditorium of the complex.
On Thursday, March 21, from 12-2 p.m.,The Peached Tortilla food truck to provide their award-winning chow as docents offer guided tours of the LeWitt pieces. At 5 p.m., Veronica Roberts will lecture about Lewitt and his work in the ground floor auditorium of the complex.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015