The Houston Fringe Festival has just announced an open call for fringey performers and companies of all stripes for its 6th annual event in October. Describing the festival’s mission as “To present daring and conceptually challenging performances that fit outside the mainstream of theater, music, film and dance performed in the Houston area. In other words: the weirder, the better.”
Rather than the a multi-weekend format they have used in the past, this year’s fest will be a five day “feast”,on Oct. 2-5, with part of the lineup chosen by lottery. Application guidelines here. The deadline is May 1.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015