The Houston Fringe Festival has just announced an open call for fringey performers and companies of all stripes for its 6th annual event in October. Describing the festival’s mission as “To present daring and conceptually challenging performances that fit outside the mainstream of theater, music, film and dance performed in the Houston area. In other words: the weirder, the better.”
Rather than the a multi-weekend format they have used in the past, this year’s fest will be a five day “feast”,on Oct. 2-5, with part of the lineup chosen by lottery. Application guidelines here. The deadline is May 1.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015