Twenty-six venues across Corpus Christi are participating in that city’s month-long event, Organized by K Space Contemporary and K Space Board Member Lynda Jones. While the fest’s website is still skimpy, the Google map of the venues is right up to date. The cosatal bend’s crop of contemporary artists, all showing at once, far exceeds it gallery capacity- for Contemporary Art Month a variety of businesses, likely and unlikely, have been recruited to host exhibitions: everybody from Appliance Mart (showing selected sculpture from “Prophecy,” Day Wheeler & Jimmy Pena) to William’s Fashion Shoes (with an exhibition by Lynda Jones) is getting into the act.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015