Haydeé Muñoz De la Rocha of Art Magazine San Antonio has a detailed wrap-up of the state of the art in her city, noting the gallery closings at the newly-commercialized Blue Star Art Complex (which is still undergoing traffic-snarling renovations), the sprouting of new artist-run spaces which she calls the “core of San Antonio’s art scene,” the advent of the Southwest School of Art’s Graduate Program, a new sculpture building at UTSA, and the usual round of museum shows.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015