Haydeé Muñoz De la Rocha of Art Magazine San Antonio has a detailed wrap-up of the state of the art in her city, noting the gallery closings at the newly-commercialized Blue Star Art Complex (which is still undergoing traffic-snarling renovations), the sprouting of new artist-run spaces which she calls the “core of San Antonio’s art scene,” the advent of the Southwest School of Art’s Graduate Program, a new sculpture building at UTSA, and the usual round of museum shows.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015