Houston native fashion designer Hyden Yoo has created sweaters exclusively for CAMH’s gallery attendants. The unique, understated pullovers have been worn by the museum’s guards since earlier this year, when CAMH curator Dean Daderko approached him when it was decided that the museum’s gallery attendant uniforms could use an upgrade.
After receiving a degree in biology, Yoo, inspired by the men in his office wearing ill-fitting shirts, decided to completely shift careers, with startup funds from winning an episode of TV’s Fear Factor. Yoo’s custom-made sweaters are on display during CAMH’s regular Museum hours Tuesday – Sunday.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015