The LA Times reports that customs officials in El Paso displayed a collection of 4000 objects of archeological interest siezed in the US last thursday, before shipping them back to Mexico. The relics, mostly arrowheads, were in El Paso, San Antonio and Fort Stockton, Texas; Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Chicago and Montana. Some were the products of unauthorized excavations, some were stolen in 2008 from the Cuatro Cienegas museum in the Mexican state of Coahuila.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015