The LA Times reports that customs officials in El Paso displayed a collection of 4000 objects of archeological interest siezed in the US last thursday, before shipping them back to Mexico. The relics, mostly arrowheads, were in El Paso, San Antonio and Fort Stockton, Texas; Phoenix, San Diego, Denver, Chicago and Montana. Some were the products of unauthorized excavations, some were stolen in 2008 from the Cuatro Cienegas museum in the Mexican state of Coahuila.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015