Joining John Baldessari, Catherine Opie and Barbara Kruger in a rush to the exit, Ed Ruscha, the last artist on LA MOCA’s board, resigned Monday. The troubled museum, pulled out of a financial hole by Eli Broad and resolutely headed towards a party-filled populist future, ousted noted curator Paul Schimmel a few weeks ago, starting the wave of protest resignations.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015