Culturemap‘s Joel Luks reports on Houston’s ethnic Karenni community, and the colorful weavings that have helped preserve a sense of identity for the group of refugees from Myanmar (Burma). The exhibition Weaving Home: Textile Traditions from Houston’s Karenni Community opens today at the Houston Art Alliance, part of their onging folklife and traditional arts series.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015