Culturemap‘s Joel Luks reports on Houston’s ethnic Karenni community, and the colorful weavings that have helped preserve a sense of identity for the group of refugees from Myanmar (Burma). The exhibition Weaving Home: Textile Traditions from Houston’s Karenni Community opens today at the Houston Art Alliance, part of their onging folklife and traditional arts series.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015