Texas Christian University in Fort Worth has a new horned frog sculpture. The bronze reptile (technically, a lizard, mind you) by sculptor Joe Spear, is an amagalam of species, and will be named in an online contest later this month. Like the recent Fort Worth Vaquero-with-a-gun imbroglio, the frog’s installation was not without hitches- Spear was asked to file the sharper points off the frog’s namesake horns, which were felt by some to pose a safety hazard.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015