Texas Christian University in Fort Worth has a new horned frog sculpture. The bronze reptile (technically, a lizard, mind you) by sculptor Joe Spear, is an amagalam of species, and will be named in an online contest later this month. Like the recent Fort Worth Vaquero-with-a-gun imbroglio, the frog’s installation was not without hitches- Spear was asked to file the sharper points off the frog’s namesake horns, which were felt by some to pose a safety hazard.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015