Houston artist and Glasstire contributor Michael Bise underwent heart transplant surgery on January 12, and is recovering. His show, Epilogues, opens at Fort Worth Contemporary Arts next Saturday. With luck, his grim title just might be an anticlimax.
UPDATE: Michael’s surgery reportedly went as well as smoothly as possible, and lasted about 2 1/2 hours at Methodist Hospital in Houston. According to Adrian Page, Michael will remain in intensive care for another week, when he will be moved into a private room, where he can have visitors. “When we reach that point, he will want to have visitors,” she said, “I know many people have us in their thoughts and for that, we are very fortunate. A massive thank you to so many, but especially to those within our amazing Houston art world- we are in a very special place.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015