The preservation advocacy blog, perversely named Amnesia Houston, by “James Glassman, Houstonian” is gathering steam: from one post in 2006, another in 2007, he’s gone to nearly one per month in 2011! In addition to vintage tweets from Houston’s ancient pre-twitter era, he’s got links to a stack of historic maps (and who doesn’t love an old map?) and to What Was There, an intriguing project that combines historical photos of buildings with Google map street views to raise awareness of what we’ve forgotten.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015