Dr. P. Gregory Warden, Art History Professor at SMU’s Meadows School of the Arts, received the Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity and the title of Cavaliere (knight) in a ceremony at the Italian Club of Dallas on June 4. The award, given to Italians and foreign nationals who have provided a meaningful contribution to the prestige of Italy, was bestowed upon Dr. Warden for his scholarly work on the Etruscans, notably digging at Poggio Colla, about 20 miles northeast of Florence and organizing the Meadows Museum’s ambitious Etruscan show in 2009.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015