Gopher Illustrated, “a publication featuring emerging talents in visual arts, design, literature and journalism” has re-located to Austin from Caracas, Venezuela, with its editor Michu Benaim. The mag’s second issue launches June 23rd at Champion, 800 Brazos St. from 7-10pm. This second volume of the Gopher, themed “On City Limits,” explores what it means to be a dweller of a modern urban landscape and includes portfolios by Jaime Gili, Thobias Fäldt and Puño, features with personalities like Jeff Koons, Hanif Kureishi, and Will Shortz, and a behind the scenes look into the creative process behind the construction of the magazine.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015