Gopher Illustrated, “a publication featuring emerging talents in visual arts, design, literature and journalism” has re-located to Austin from Caracas, Venezuela, with its editor Michu Benaim. The mag’s second issue launches June 23rd at Champion, 800 Brazos St. from 7-10pm. This second volume of the Gopher, themed “On City Limits,” explores what it means to be a dweller of a modern urban landscape and includes portfolios by Jaime Gili, Thobias Fäldt and Puño, features with personalities like Jeff Koons, Hanif Kureishi, and Will Shortz, and a behind the scenes look into the creative process behind the construction of the magazine.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015