Among the many many events orbiting this year’s distributed Texas Biennial is a gathering of artists, critics and curators for Like a Whole Other Country? The State of Contemporary Art in Texas, a panel discussion at the Blanton Museum in Austin, today, Saturday April 16, 2-4pm. Panelists include artists Margarita Cabrera and Trenton Doyle Hancock, curator Alison de Lima Greene, Dr. Richard Shiff, and Los Angeles Times art critic David Pagel. Moderated by 2011 Texas Biennial curator Virginia Rutledge.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015