The half-million dollar transplant of Peter Hurd’s fresco from the to-be demolished 1952 Prudential Tower in the Houston Medical center entered it’s active phase last week, when the steel-truss-encased wall was levered onto a flatbed and began it’s journey to Midland, TX for storage. Swamplot, always skeptical, wonders if it will make it!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015