The half-million dollar transplant of Peter Hurd’s fresco from the to-be demolished 1952 Prudential Tower in the Houston Medical center entered it’s active phase last week, when the steel-truss-encased wall was levered onto a flatbed and began it’s journey to Midland, TX for storage. Swamplot, always skeptical, wonders if it will make it!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015