Check out ex-Blaffer director Terrie Sultan in today’s New York Times: after leaving the Blaffer 3 years ago, she became the director at the Parrish Art Museum on the East End of Long Island (home of Pollock, de Kooning et al.). She’s expanding their programming and has already stolen away Andrea Grover, founder of Aurora Picture Show (and a Glasstire blogger) to be curator.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Listening Now: Alabama Shakes - May 24th, 2016
- Hate The Art World? You’ll Love William Wegman - April 17th, 2016
- When Nothing is Something: a Hole at Artpace - April 9th, 2016
- Notes On a Non-Blockbuster at the DMA: Irwin, Flavin, and Antonakos - March 18th, 2016
- Houston City Council Still Wants Public Art To Die (and HAA Is Making It Easy For Them) - March 4th, 2016