There’s now scientific proof that even nonspecialists can distinguish serious abstract painting by humans from hackwork done for pay by monkeys, elephants or gorillas. Researchers at Boston College tested 40 psychology majors and 32 studio art majors and got surprisingly similar results in their preference for the works of professional adult human artists. The Miller-McCune article about the study thoughtfully includes an online self-test!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015