Fort Worth "romantic realist" painter Scott Gentling died Tuedsay at age 68. Gentling was known as a portraitist of Texas’ gentry, including Amon Carter Sr. and the official portrait of former Gov. George W. Bush in the Texas Capitol. Gentling and his twin brother Stuart published Of Birds and Texas in 1986. With 50 color plates the massive portfolio weighed 47 pounds and sold for $2,500. A memorial service is scheduled for Saturday afternoon in Ft. Worth.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015