Hotels want art these days- the W Austin Hotel is going to host contemporary art exhibitions borrowed from the UT Visual Arts Center, as well as works by faculty and alumni. A $20,000 annual sponsorship will support this attempt to "fuse the distinctive and eclectic culture of Austin with the modern luxury of W Hotels." The first show, an installation by Ry Rocklen and Austin-based photographer and Department of Art and Art History lecturer Mike Osborne, will open on January 8.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015