Today’s Dallas Morning News has a feature on James G. Pepper, a Dallas administrative assistant who is inscribing an illuminated King James Bible in his spare time. The 23-year old project has seen him finish eight books, hundreds of decorated pages sporting cryptic hidden messages and pop-culture references in shaky calligraphy. Although touted as curiously low-tech and handmade, digital versions of sections of the book have been on sale for the iPad, Kindle etc. for years!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015