Photographer David K. Langford of Comfort has sued the State of Texas, the Department of Public Safety and the Department of Criminal Justice for allegedly appropriating "Day’s End 2" a silhouette of an iconic saddle-totin’ cowboy, as the design for a couple million vehicle safety inspection stickers in 15 Texas counties. DPS began using inspection stickers with the cowboy theme in 2009. Langford is seeking an injunction to stop the use of his image, damages and attorney’s fees.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015