Photographer David K. Langford of Comfort has sued the State of Texas, the Department of Public Safety and the Department of Criminal Justice for allegedly appropriating "Day’s End 2" a silhouette of an iconic saddle-totin’ cowboy, as the design for a couple million vehicle safety inspection stickers in 15 Texas counties. DPS began using inspection stickers with the cowboy theme in 2009. Langford is seeking an injunction to stop the use of his image, damages and attorney’s fees.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015