Brookhaven College student Brian Hauser has won the Dallas Art Dealers Association 2010 Edith Baker Art Scholarship. The DADA Scholarship Committee juried the 14 finalists chosen by visual art faculty members of the Dallas County Community College District. Hauser will receive $4,000, and an internship with a DADA member if he wants it. The 13 less-fortunate finalists were Francisco Alvarado of Brookhaven, Suzan Hawkins and Mary Thomas of Cedar Valley, Thien Ho and Antony Sarelli of Eastfield, Gonzalo Trujillo and Caitlin Ramsey of Mountain View, Christopher Gonzalez and Pavlina Panova of North Lake, Zachariah Montoya and Robert David Reedy of Richland, and Raymond Butler and Janet Aguirre of El Centro. The jury was Kevin Vogel, Kenneth Craighead, Edith Baker, Marcie Inman, Sue Flynn and Lisa Taylor.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015