An international crowd of art historians, curators and conservationists will gaggle together in Houston on Saturday, October 2 to discuss new research into the work of Henri Rousseau, the first outsider artist. The Menil-sponsored symposium will happen at Jones Auditorium on the University of St. Thomas campus from 2-6:30 pm. Conservator Katrina Bartlett and Caitlin Haskell, Vivian L. Smith Foundation Fellow, will reveal the results of their year-long inquiry into how Rousseau constructed his unconventional pictures.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015