The Harris County Commissioners Court approved on Tuesday the transfer of $2 million in county hotel room tax revenue to the Harris County Sports & Convention Corporation, the county-created entity that runs Reliant Park, and away from the arts projects for which it is earmarked. The sports authority needs a bailout to meet higher than expected debt payments. Pleas from arts administrators to restore earlier funding cuts will have to wait until County officials see if the money they expected to have is actually there.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015