"Roads of Arabia" at the Louvre is, according to a New York Times review, filled with startling revelations. Containing hundreds of artifacts never before seen outside Saudi Arabia and judging from the images available, its not hyperbole. Most incredible are the figurative steles, an example from 4,000 B.C.looks like it came out of Brancusi’s studio in the last century. Where are those frequent filer miles when you need them?
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015