"Roads of Arabia" at the Louvre is, according to a New York Times review, filled with startling revelations. Containing hundreds of artifacts never before seen outside Saudi Arabia and judging from the images available, its not hyperbole. Most incredible are the figurative steles, an example from 4,000 B.C.looks like it came out of Brancusi’s studio in the last century. Where are those frequent filer miles when you need them?
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015