Christie’s will auction off artworks from the collection of Dennis Hopper in New York on November 10-11. Hopper, who famously bought Warhol’s first soup can at his first show, was an artist himself and collected the works of the fledgling Warhol, Basquiat, Oldenburg, Schnabel and Richard Prince. The actor-artist’s collection is expected to realize over $10 million.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015