Christie’s will auction off artworks from the collection of Dennis Hopper in New York on November 10-11. Hopper, who famously bought Warhol’s first soup can at his first show, was an artist himself and collected the works of the fledgling Warhol, Basquiat, Oldenburg, Schnabel and Richard Prince. The actor-artist’s collection is expected to realize over $10 million.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015