The City of Austin’s knows how art and artists are useful in jacking up the rent in slumpy real estate markets, and is bringing in Matthew Kwatinetz, a project manager at at Heartland, a real estate consulting and investment firm in Seattle to speak today and tomorrow to tell you, too. Tonight, Monday, July 12 from 7-9pm he will talk about "Creative Spaces and Artist Communities" at the Carver Museum & Cultural Center. On Tuesday morning, July 13, Kwatinetz will discuss "The Role of Arts in Enlivening Business Districts" at Austin City Hall from 8-9:30am. Perhaps the ghosts of city-imperiled art happenings like the Enchanted Forest and the Cathedral of Junk will attend.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015