Archdruids and English Heritage are both disappointed as funding for new Stonehenge visitors’ center is cut by a strapped British government. Last year Gordon Brown promised £10m towards a glass and timber centre and to shut the nearby A344 highway, which, though larger than the ancient megalith, is not so unique. The project was due to be completed in 2012 to coincide with the staging of the Olympics in the UK, but just beore thesummer solstice, the government announced the funding cut. Rollo Maughfling, archdruid of Stonehenge and Britain, greeted the rising of the sun with a blast on his trumpet as 20,000 people turned up to mark the solstice last week at the site.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015