Arts patron Jane Blaffer Owen died Monday in Houston. She was 95. Daughter of Exxon founder Robert Lee Blaffer and granddaughter of Texaco founder William T. Campbell, Owen gave major support to the University of Houston’s Blaffer Gallery and Moore’s School of Music, but the bulk of her philanthropy went to the preservation of historic New Harmony, Indiana, a utopian community founded in 1825 by robert Dale Owen, her husband’s great-grandfather.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015