Arts patron Jane Blaffer Owen died Monday in Houston. She was 95. Daughter of Exxon founder Robert Lee Blaffer and granddaughter of Texaco founder William T. Campbell, Owen gave major support to the University of Houston’s Blaffer Gallery and Moore’s School of Music, but the bulk of her philanthropy went to the preservation of historic New Harmony, Indiana, a utopian community founded in 1825 by robert Dale Owen, her husband’s great-grandfather.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015