Bob "Daddy-O" Wade‘s famous 1978 giant iguana sculpture has found a permanent home at the Ft. Worth Zoo (internationally known for its collection of reptiles and amphibians), and was unveiled last Tuesday in it’s new location after some refurbishment by the artist. Formerly installed a two locations in New York City, most prominently on the roof of the Lone Star Cafe on 5th Ave., the lizard changed hands several times before becoming the property of Fort Worth civic leader Lee Bass.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015