The New World Creole Festival begins today, Thursday, May 6 and runs through Sunday, May 9 at venues throughout Houston. Events include a Teach-in on Haiti Thursday at S.H.A.P.E. Community Center, Caribbean films Friday at Labotanica, a film making Master Class with Thomas Allen Harris and all-day live music at Project Rowhouses Saturday, and more films Sunday at Rice Media Center. $10 per event, or $25 gets you a pass to everything.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015