The New World Creole Festival begins today, Thursday, May 6 and runs through Sunday, May 9 at venues throughout Houston. Events include a Teach-in on Haiti Thursday at S.H.A.P.E. Community Center, Caribbean films Friday at Labotanica, a film making Master Class with Thomas Allen Harris and all-day live music at Project Rowhouses Saturday, and more films Sunday at Rice Media Center. $10 per event, or $25 gets you a pass to everything.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015