UT Austin art prof Mike Smith is broadcasting his 2010 Streaming Class Portrait, in which he and his students will form an online tableau vivant, on April 30 from 7-10pm. It’s part of Low Lives 2, an annual one-night exhibition of live performance-based works transmitted via the internet and projected in real time at venues across the country, including The Temporary Space, 1320 Nance St., Houston and Co-Lab, 613 Allen St., Austin. sort of a performance-art game day party! Can’t make it? That’s OK, it’s online at www.ustream.tv/channel/low-lives-2 The same night, The Temporary space will also show Complicity With Anonymous Materials, "a cinematic platform focused on temporal viscosity and spatial feedback", by Houston artists Ted Closson, Jeremy Deprez, James Diedrich, Francis Giampietro, Chuck Ivy, Natali Leduc, Grant MacManus, Abinadi Meza, Richard Nix, Eduardo Portillo, Brit Ragsdale, Hana Shoup and Thais Verissimo.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015