The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s director, Peter Marzio, is 10th on the NY Times’ list of best-paid leaders of cultural institutions in the US. According to the Times, Marzio was paid $940,138 in the calendar year 2009, putting him ahead of the directors of the Met (the art museum, not the opera, whose director Peter Gelb will score $1,345,00 this year), Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts, The Whitney, and the New Museum, and The Philadelphia Museum of Art.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015