The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s director, Peter Marzio, is 10th on the NY Times’ list of best-paid leaders of cultural institutions in the US. According to the Times, Marzio was paid $940,138 in the calendar year 2009, putting him ahead of the directors of the Met (the art museum, not the opera, whose director Peter Gelb will score $1,345,00 this year), Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts, The Whitney, and the New Museum, and The Philadelphia Museum of Art.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015