Renowned curator Ted Pillsbury’s untimely death on March 25 has been ruled a suicide, not a heart attack as has been previously reported, according to family members. The body of Pillsbury, 66, was discovered outside his parked car on a deserted stretch of Hiram Road east of Terrell, TX, where he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, said the Kaufman County Sheriff’s Department, who is in investigating the case.
also by Glasstire
- Glasstire Top Five: July 20, 2017 - July 20th, 2017
- Another Costume Contest at the DMA: This One is Lady Gaga - July 19th, 2017
- "Don't pretend that you're not proud of your work." - July 19th, 2017
- Christina Rees Wins $50,000 Rabkin Prize for Arts Writers - July 17th, 2017
- Austin's Blanton Museum Launches Music Residency Program - July 16th, 2017