Renowned curator Ted Pillsbury’s untimely death on March 25 has been ruled a suicide, not a heart attack as has been previously reported, according to family members. The body of Pillsbury, 66, was discovered outside his parked car on a deserted stretch of Hiram Road east of Terrell, TX, where he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, said the Kaufman County Sheriff’s Department, who is in investigating the case.
also by Glasstire
- Art League Houston Extends Open Call Deadline - November 20th, 2017
- Marfa Myths Festival Returns in 2018 - November 19th, 2017
- DMA Curator Gavin Delahunty Resigns Over Allegations of "inappropriate behavior" - November 18th, 2017
- Pump Project: The Latest Casualty of Austin's East Side Boom - November 18th, 2017
- DiverseWorks' Rachel Cook Leaving Houston for Seattle's On the Boards - November 17th, 2017