On Friday, March 26 at 6:30 pm, photographer Richard Misrach opens the 34th Annual Ruth K. Shartle Symposium at Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts. Then on Saturday, from 1-6pm Yasufumi Nakamori, Assistant Curator of Photography at the MFAH; Shelley Rice, a prof at New York University; and Charlotte Cotton, Creative Director, of the UK’s National Media Museum will speak, after which there is a wine reception in the lobby of the museum´s Audrey Jones Beck Building. Focusing on photography as art, the symposium frames the exhibition: Ruptures and Continuities: the Photography Made after 1960 from the MFAH Collection, on view through May 9. Both events are free (with museum admission).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015