The Dallas Contemporary has announced that its director, Joan Davidow, will retire after nine years at the helm, capping off her tenure of mightily expanding the Contemporary’s stature with the successful, if rocky, opening of the organization’s new Glass St. building. Davidow, an enduring champion of emerging Texas artists, will remain in an advisory capacity until the end of 2010 as the Contemporary searches for a new director.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015