The Dallas Contemporary has announced that its director, Joan Davidow, will retire after nine years at the helm, capping off her tenure of mightily expanding the Contemporary’s stature with the successful, if rocky, opening of the organization’s new Glass St. building. Davidow, an enduring champion of emerging Texas artists, will remain in an advisory capacity until the end of 2010 as the Contemporary searches for a new director.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015