Dallas’s Shamrock Hotel was built in 1915 and was used as a furniture factory and showroom in the 30s and 40s. According to artist and manager Peter Ligon, the building was once a brothel. The Shamrock began its life as an artist colony in 1996. With hardwood floors, numerous windows, natural light and no central heating, the Shamrock Hotel Studios are now home to nine talented Dallas artists.
also by Everett Taasevigen
- Glass Houses 23: Ludwig Schwarz - October 10th, 2010
- Glass Houses 22: Lizzy Wetzel - August 23rd, 2010
- Glass Houses 19: Marjorie Schwarz - May 7th, 2010
- Glass Houses 18: Margaret Meehan and Noah Simblist - March 20th, 2010
- Glasshouses 16: Gary Sweeney - December 16th, 2009