Artists Glenn Ligon and Marilyn Minter, both featured in Desire at Austin’s Blanton Museum will have a conversation with curator Annette Carlozzi on Saturday, February 6, 2pm. Ligon is also featured in the current group exhibitions Afro-Modernism: Journeys through the Black Atlantic at the Tate Liverpool and Hard Targets at the Wexner Center for the Arts. Marilyn Minter has an upcoming solo exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Cleveland. Her 2009 video Green Pink Caviar is the backdrop for the opening of Madonna’s Sticky and Sweet European Tour. Free.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015