For those who hate shopping, the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston is running a novel program to sell new memberships: from now until Dec. 24, you can call in and order a museum membership at 713-639-7550, then whiz over to the MFAH’s porte-cochere on Main Street and pickup a gift-wrapped package, complete with a holiday ornament or a limited-edition mug just by rolling down your window. You don’t even have to look at any art!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015