The Taste of Conquest: The Culinary World of Alexander the Great, an illustrated lecture by Dr. Frank Lee Holt, numismatist, Alexander scholar and Professor of History, University of Houston, tonight, Thursday, Nov 5. It seems that wine played a crucial role in the rations and rituals of Alexander the Great´s day, along with bread and dead horses. Dr. Holt promises to follow Alexander´s journey from Greece to India, detailing what the conqueror and his army ate and drank along the way, and telling us why NASA was very interested in knowing Alexander´s diet. did you know he brought the banana to Europe? 6pm tour, 7pm talk. FREE!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015