On October 6, 2009 artist Pablo Vargas Lugo will film 350 people flipping black and white cards in the UT stadium, Austin to simulate the ten solar eclipses visible in Texas between now and 2349 ad. Now all the Blanton Museum, which is organizing the event for him, needs the 350 people! The ten videos of the ten pseudo-eclipses will be exhibited at the Blanton later this fall. If you’ll be in Austin, and can make it to UT’s Darrel K. Royal Texas Memorial Stadium on Tuesday, October 6 for an 8-10, 10-12 or 12-2 shift imitating a cosmic event, email them.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015