Are you sitting down? Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is launching something called the "Dallas Cowboys Art Program." According to ArtDaily.org, the program will commission site-specific contemporary art installations for Cowboys Stadium – apparently in places people will actually see it! And no, it isn’t stuff by Leroy Neiman – Franz Ackermann, Olafur Eliasson and Annette Lawrence are among the artists producing the initial fourteen works. Go Jerry, arts and sports are not mutually exclusive!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015