The Amon Carter Museum has acquired a rare, complete set of Edward Sheriff Curtis’ The North American Indian (1907–1930). Curtis’ 20-volume masterwork of visual anthropology includes 2222 photogravures, making it of one of the most comprehensive (and oft-reproduced) records of American Indian life. The museum plans an exhibition of the work in mid-December 2009.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015